As 2010 comes to a close, we have been treated to all kinds of music this year. Be it good, be it bad music always plays a vital part in a film’s success. 2010 has seen an array of young music directors making it big in K-town. S.Thaman, GV Prakash Kumar to mention a few have proved themselves on the big stage. 2010 has been the year of youngsters ruling the roost and it clearly showed. Although some of the songs might be unknown to a few, they are surely the BEST OF THE YEAR.
Here is my take of the Top 10 tunes that had people in captivities of its rhythm and the sheer joy of listening to it.
1. Manadhin Adiyil (Mundhinam Parthaney-S.Thaman)
2. Aaromale(Vinnai Thaandi Varuvaaya-A.R.Rahman)
3. Pookal Pookum Tharunam(Madarasapattinam-GV Prakash Kumar)
4. Naan Varuvaen(Raavanan-A.R.Rahman)
5. Kadhal Anukkal(Enthiran-A.R.Rahman)
6. Iragai Pole(Naan Mahaan Alla-Yuvan Shankar Raja)
7. Ayyayo(Aadukalam-GV Prakash Kumar)
9. Engeyum Kaadhal(Engeyum Kaadhal-Harris Jeyaraj)
10. Idhu Varai(Goa-Yuvan Shankar Raja)
Music Director of the Year: S. Thaman
Album of the Year: Mundhinam Parthaney
Best Debut Album of 2010: Kanden(Vijay Ebenezer)
Songs that just missed the cut….
- Kaiya Pudi(Mynaa)
- En Kadhal Solla(Paiyaa)
- Dhimu Dhimu(Engeyum Kaadahal)