A couple of days before the movie released, a friend wanted to book tickets. I said No, I ain’t watching this one mainly because SLB had lost his touch. But owing to the great reviews, we eventually went out to watch it & I was not disappointed. Although the film had a weak plot, it wasn’t a bore after all. Here are 5 things I loved about the film.
1. The Lead Pair-Ranveer Singh & Deepika Padukone were an item. From the first scene they meet in the movie they want you craving for more. The chemistry, biology, physics and whatever subject that could define it was 100% in place. And their acting wasn’t that bad either. Ranveer-Deepika go together like pasta and cheese, cricket & sachin and many more you can name. They are a treat to watch.
2. The Cinematography-It was a painting on celluloid. The colors, the sets, the beautiful locations all were pretty on the eyes. Ravi Varman has done a fab job.
3. Supriya Pathak-She just brings the character of Baa to life. Really loved her performance.
4. The songs and dance-I mean this is a SLB movie, so it would have been grand. The songs are beautifully choreographed and are shoot with great fanfare. Loved it!
5. The Climax-I’d prefer you to watch it yourself. Although the film is an adaptation of Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet, I definitely expected you know the Indian climax where “They live happily ever after” but it wasn’t which was awesome.
Bottomline: Watch it for the sizzling chemistry of Deepika-Ranveer. SLB is back and how!