Personally, 2016 for me was a fairly innocuous year. There were periods when a lot of things happened and there were periods where there was a lull. But, hey, I survived it all. Here is a rewind of my 2016
- Attended a christian wedding right at the start of the year, of a colleague in Manila, dressed in a traditional Filipino dress(The Barong Tagalog).
- Applied for a Singaporean PR, got rejected in record time(29 days). LOL!
- Traveled to El Nido, Palawan, Philippines with friends. Had a wonderful time. 5 full days of masti.
- Watched KABALI, first day first show(FDFS) @ Mayajaal, Chennai, India. Woke up at 4am and traveled about 40 kms.
- Got my AADHAR CARD. w00t w00t!
- Got my Philippine driving licence.
- I broke something. Something important, something very precious and I dare not speak about it now.
- Traveled by train and returned by flight(my first domestic flight experience) to Trivandrum, Kerala, India to attend the wedding of my dearest friend. Yet, another Christian wedding. What are the odds?
- Had a family trip to Phuket & Bangkok, Thailand. Was in a cage with a live tiger, pro-kart raced and drove a jet ski. Three things ticked off the bucket list in one trip. And family time 🙂
- Returned back to MNL after the trip and was hospitalized for one full week with Dengue. Darn the mosquitoes! More than the stay in hospital, what bugged me most was each day, anew nurse inquiring ‘Are you alone?’ and not to forget my veins beaten to pulp with needle pokes for blood tests(19 times, yes I kept count.)
- Learnt that my company had a travel insurance in my name(since I am posted abroad). FULL REFUND!
- Fitter than I was in 2015. Still a lot of weight fluctuations and bad diet practices. One step at a time.
- Watched a hell lot of movies and series once again. Don’t see that changing one bit in 2017 too.
- Planned to go skydiving, did not!
- Failed miserably in my reading challenge for 2016. Read 8/15 books. The good thing though was that I had read all the 8 books by mid year and read bits and pieces the remaining 6 months. Will set the record straight in 2017.
- Turned 30 this year. 30 years of pure awesome.
- First Christmas and New years in Manila.
So, that was my 2016. If you read this, do leave a comment on how your 2016 was and wish you all a very Happy New Year 2017. Cheers 🙂
2012 hit me so hard by the end of the year I was down and out. 2013, in that aspect has been kind. It has been a whirlwind year with it’s ups and downs(more ups ;)). It has been that kind of a year where everything seemed to fall in place and then it was all in shambles in a matter of days. One day I was the bird & then the very next day I was the statue.
People getting married. Friends, best friends, cousins. Study, study, study. Just pass :P. Job hunt. Best Friend’s bachelor party in Indonesia. Club surfing. Midnight walks in alien land. Got an iPhone 5. Short trip to India. Travelling a lot. Meeting friends. Eat. Get fat. Try to reduce. Get an internship. Travel 3 hrs plus everyday to get to work. Change in residence. Watch movies. Eat, eat, eat. Get fat. Try to reduce. Watch movies again. Friend getting posted in the armed forces. A friend’s death. Boom! Birthday. Boom Boom! End of internship. Boom Boom Boom!!! Master’s degree biatches!
As i said it’s been that kind of year. I’ve almost given up of trying to reduce. I’ve watched like almost all the movies that have released this year (the most prominent ones at least). I’ve rekindled the interest to read and have successfully completed reading a couple of books. Manchester United are now 6th on the table. DM is doing a good job considering the fact he had big boots to fill. Team India did well in South Africa when everyone expected them to fail miserably. All said and done 2013 was a mixed year for me.
The biggest lesson of 2013 has been the learning that the struggle we are in today is developing the strength we need for tomorrow.
2014 as usual holds new promises. Priorities galore. Hoping to have a better one. Happy new year to everyone. Cheers 🙂
This week has been one helluva ride.
Personally, it was a mixed, mostly feeling blue(about god knows what!). The mood was eerie, didn’t really felt the need to converse unless it was that important. Caught up with a movie titled Safe House during the week which was not worth watching in the theatre, but then chucked that feeling since it was a day out with friends and i really did have a decent day out. And then maybe the most important thing was Mission Change is up and running again. This time though there isn’t much of an enthusiam, but then Mission Stage-1 is almost 90% complete and the balance is expected to be done with in about a couple of days. I am taking my time doing things. Hopefully, i don’t take too much of it though.
Work wise, i couldn’t ask for anything better but then the inner feeling that i have been having didn’t really make me enjoy it. Plus, there are other reasons too. 6 orders in 4 days, ill take that hands down. Currently, as i write this i have about 20 files of pensding orders that i have been following-up on since today morning. I’ve managed to kick off the i’ll do it tomorrow attitude over the past couple of ays. Cleaned up my desk and everything seems normal for now. Just needs a useless crib from my boss to trigger that disturbance of peace at work 😉
I have been totally out of sorts the complete week and the feeling still exists…Pretty much a drowning feeling, stuffed with too much thinking, a sense of lonliness, a touch of missing the past, good ol’ times. Mostly i prefer to keep to myself during these times and pretty much have been doing that, almost! Been listening to soft music, mostly Coldplay(perfect for the mood). I do not know for a reason even why i am scribbling this particular post, but then that’s me…confusingly complicated!
Hola ppl…i’ve been lost in this everchanging world so much so that i hadn’t blogged for almost 3 months. Life has been a roller coaster ride during this time. So much had happened in such short notice. And how good it feels to be back .
Hmmn…first things first, a bear hug to Mom and dad who had gifted me a laptop for my birthday(25th Dec if u didn know already!!) and you guessed right, this is my first post straight from my brand new HP lappie!!!. Cognizant Technology Solutions(the compant that recruited me during my placements on june22nd 2007) never bothered giving us a call up for work which meant i was jobless all the while for 6 whole months. In the process of being joblesssss i eventually got bored to an extent that i had taken up a job in a call center.
The job was pretty decent but life became pretty hectic all of a sudden. Nights were days and days were nights and getting used to it was a whole new experience. Life became a routine…sleep,eat,work…sleep,eat,work….aaagrh!!! Boredom set in once again. And in the heat of things i had to prepare for my IELTS exam and i just had a weeks time in hand to do so without any training and a practice book with couple of CD’s and a good friend to guide me.
Getting your first salary is a totally diferent experience for everyone(does anyone disagree?). Finally on 12th dec i got exactly Rs.4839 /- which was almost half my original salary since i had worked only for half a month. Oh!! what a feelin it was. Gave rs.1000/- to grandparents and sister made me spend Rs.750/- for her. Planning to get something for mom and dad(Suggestions most welcome).
And that was the end of that. The firm i was working in shut down due to economical reasons(global meltdown i guess) and we were denied salary for almost 20 days we had worked. This happened on the 19th dec and i had my IELTS exam on 20th morning. Thanks to my friend and the model guide. did the exam really well. Fingers crossed for the results.
All that had happened has happened for the good,or should i say the best. I had a low key birthday party at home on christmas day and it was the best birthday ever!!!!!!!
If this was my case ,the world wasn’t doing any better. Paycuts,Pinkslips,War and what not???. 26/11 was unforgettable. So much to write about, but its already 2 am and my eyes are drooping…so watch out for the next post…SABBA KHAIR!!!