Personally, 2016 for me was a fairly innocuous year. There were periods when a lot of things happened and there were periods where there was a lull. But, hey, I survived it all. Here is a rewind of my 2016
- Attended a christian wedding right at the start of the year, of a colleague in Manila, dressed in a traditional Filipino dress(The Barong Tagalog).
- Applied for a Singaporean PR, got rejected in record time(29 days). LOL!
- Traveled to El Nido, Palawan, Philippines with friends. Had a wonderful time. 5 full days of masti.
- Watched KABALI, first day first show(FDFS) @ Mayajaal, Chennai, India. Woke up at 4am and traveled about 40 kms.
- Got my AADHAR CARD. w00t w00t!
- Got my Philippine driving licence.
- I broke something. Something important, something very precious and I dare not speak about it now.
- Traveled by train and returned by flight(my first domestic flight experience) to Trivandrum, Kerala, India to attend the wedding of my dearest friend. Yet, another Christian wedding. What are the odds?
- Had a family trip to Phuket & Bangkok, Thailand. Was in a cage with a live tiger, pro-kart raced and drove a jet ski. Three things ticked off the bucket list in one trip. And family time 🙂
- Returned back to MNL after the trip and was hospitalized for one full week with Dengue. Darn the mosquitoes! More than the stay in hospital, what bugged me most was each day, anew nurse inquiring ‘Are you alone?’ and not to forget my veins beaten to pulp with needle pokes for blood tests(19 times, yes I kept count.)
- Learnt that my company had a travel insurance in my name(since I am posted abroad). FULL REFUND!
- Fitter than I was in 2015. Still a lot of weight fluctuations and bad diet practices. One step at a time.
- Watched a hell lot of movies and series once again. Don’t see that changing one bit in 2017 too.
- Planned to go skydiving, did not!
- Failed miserably in my reading challenge for 2016. Read 8/15 books. The good thing though was that I had read all the 8 books by mid year and read bits and pieces the remaining 6 months. Will set the record straight in 2017.
- Turned 30 this year. 30 years of pure awesome.
- First Christmas and New years in Manila.
So, that was my 2016. If you read this, do leave a comment on how your 2016 was and wish you all a very Happy New Year 2017. Cheers 🙂